This is a summary of the most important aspects of the submission rules. For more details download the submission form here.
- RULE 1 Shoot your short film entirely on any smartphone that shoot HD video.
- RULE 2 The short film MUST be an original production. It may not infringe on the copyright, trademark or other rights of any individual.
- RULE 3 The length of the video can be 1 to 10 minutes. IMPORTANT: it may NOT EXCEED 10 minutes.
- RULE 4 You may capture the audio in a separate audio recorder or use the audio from mobil device.
- RULE 5 Do NOT include the list of the ending credits in your video, submit the credits as a text document. We are going to post them.
- RULE 6 Foreign videos are welcome in any language, but you will be required to add the subtitles in English.
- RULE 7 Send your short film files in full resolution using H.264 .mov (Quicktime) – DO NOT compress your videos on .mp4 - Custom compression will be added by us.
- RULE 8 An additional “Making of…” short video of 2-5 minutes length is required. You may use any video camera to prove that your project was shot with an smartphone.
- RULE 9 NO nudity, NO profanity, NO extreme violence and NO racist content is allowed. The videos will be screened at high schools.
- RULE 10 You CANNOT use “Copyrighted Material” unless you have documentation to prove that you have legal authorization from the record label, artist, musicians, etc. Also, you may require the “Actor Release Form” signed and submitted by the actors or people who are in your videos.